- To clean the rivers, tunnels aren't the only solution (Washington Post, 10/13/2011)
- D.C. Officials: Sewage Project Will Raise Rates, Bring Jobs (WAMU-FM, 10/13/2011)
- D.C. Breaks Ground On $2.6 Billion Sewage Tunnel (WAMU-FM, 10/12/2011)
- The Biggest Infrastructure Project You've Probably Never Heard Of (Huffington Post, 10/12/2011)
- D.C. Water Breaks Ground on Massive Tunnel Project (DCist, 10/12/2011)
- DC Water Press Release
Friday, October 14, 2011
Clean Rivers Project, a 20-year, $2.6 billion project to reduce combined-sewer overflows in the District by 96 percent. Senator Benjamin Cardin, Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton, Mayor Vincent Gray and others joined the ceremony.